Lately I've noticed some signs that Brighton is getting older. His drawings are becoming more recognizable, he is starting to develop a sense of humor, and he is really starting to use his imagination. Yesterday he told me he wanted to tell me joke.
Brighton: Knock, knock.
Mom: Who's there?
Brighton: Ella
Mom: Ella who?
Brighton: Elephant! (at this point he proceeded to wave his arm like a trunk and make elephant sounds)
Mom: Did you learn that at preschool?
Brighton: No, I just made it up.
I have to admit, I was impressed.
This morning at breakfast as he was drinking his hot chocolate and eating his toast, he began to sing a song. It went something like this:
I love hot chocolate, hot chocolate is good. Mom made me hot chocolate, she likes it too. Hot chocolate, hot chocolate, hot chocolate, hot chocolate. So! Drink! Your! Hot! Choc! Uh! Lett!!!
He never ceases to amuse his way-too-easily-impressed parents.

2 comments:
Wow! I'm really impressed, too. Brightie, you are seriously amazing! I love your picture, and you'll have to sing your song for me sometime:) Or make one up to sing for me. And really, that joke is funny! Sugoi, sugoi!
I miss Brighton, and so do Elle and Bennett! Can't wait to see you guys soon.
Post a Comment