Friday, December 3, 2010

It's Christmas at our house

I love how cozy and festive our house looks at this time of year. Last Christmas we went with a more minimalist approach because I had really awful morning sickness and it was the most I could do to get our tree out. And next year I'll have to keep the glass ornaments in storage since I'll have a toddler around. That's probably why I went a little over-board this year... but hey, you can't ever have too much glitter and glitz at Christmas, right?


I love to get a sniff of that wreath every time I open the front door

I bling-ed out the chandelier in our entry

Our family room

Our front room

We added a stocking for London this year

I LOVE this advent calendar that Grandma Allen gave us this year. Each of these darling envelopes has a card in it with a scripture that leads up to the Savior's birth

The one tree that the kids get to decorate all by themselves without any help from me. It has all of their hand-made ornaments on it. As hard as it is for me, I do not adjust or move a single one :)

It is always a treat when we pull out the Little People Nativity and our collection of Christmas books

I love that it makes the kids so happy

It will be sad to have to take it all down in January

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Your house looks BEAUTIFUL, Lisa. It is always so sad that it only gets to look this way for a month. You could always keep it up all year, like mom does with her tree, right?! Anyway, can't wait to see it all in person.

Lillian said...

Holy cow, you are intense! I mean, your house is always so beautiful, but I'm sad I've never been in it during Christmas time. How sad is that? I am IN LOVE with your front room. You are too classy. Will you come decorate my house?

rebecca allen said...

Oh, it looks so festive and beautiful! I need you to decorate my house now.