Sunday, June 6, 2010

Thank you, Aunt Rachel!

Justin's sister Rachel came to visit us for a few days and help me out as I transition to having four kids at home. We always love having her around. The older three were especially loving having Aunt Rachel here to take them swimming, and to the park, and to the library, she played games with them and made cookies with them, and did so many other fun things. She was also such a great help to me-- she would take London from me after her early morning feeding so that I could get a couple of extra hours of sleep in the morning, she prepared and cooked all of our meals, kept the older kids entertained, and helped out with all the stuff that needs to be done around the house.



It was so sweet of her family to let us borrow her for a few days, and I don't know how I will go back to life without my personal nanny/cook/housekeeper and grown-up-person-to-talk-to. We had so much fun with her and we will miss her! Thanks Rach, you're the best!


And check out this adorable quilt she made for baby London-- it matches her bedroom perfectly, and is already hanging by her crib :)

3 comments:

wende said...

awesome! i have no sisters being the only girl with brothers. i have loved having the brothers get married and have children because i have enjoyed the sister time so much! what an awesome SIL you have!

Becky said...

That is so great to have family come and help. And to take a feeding that is like heaven to sleep a little extra.

Rachel said...

It was absolutely my pleasure spending time with your sweet family. I miss your kiddos already. I never would have had the idea had you not come and stayed with me when Campbell was born. Hope this week goes well for you. See you soon.