We were shocked to hear of the massive earthquake that hit Japan late last night. We have a lot of family over there, including my brother and his family, and all of my extended family on my mother's side. It was a relief to find out early on that Kory and his family were OK in Tokyo, but much of the damage was in Sendai, where the tsunami hit:
Which is exactly where my grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. live. We were cut off from all means of communication, and it wasn't until this afternoon that we heard from my cousin via email that everyone was safe and accounted for. What a blessing!
Thank you to all who have given us phone calls of concern. We appreciate your thoughts and prayers!

4 comments:
What a relief, Lisa. I didn't realize that you had family in the affected areas. When I heard about the earthquake this morning, and saw the footage of the Tsunami, I wondered if this would affect your trip in a few weeks. So glad to hear your family is all right.
I am so grateful that you heard from your cousin and that everyone is okay. I have been thinking of you and of them all day. I can't believe the destruction.
We are so happy to hear that everyone it o.k., we wish them the best.
I'm so glad everyone is o.k. I cannot believe how crazy that was! Didn't I hear that you were going to Japan soon? Will you still be able to go?
Hope all is well with you and your cute family.
Post a Comment