Thursday, September 24, 2009

Chelsea's 4-Year-Old Pictures

So, I'm sure most people do this, but I always take my kids to get their pictures taken for their birthdays to commemorate the growth of another year. I typically spend $30-$40 for them, regardless of how they turn out. This year, I thought, how about if I spend the money on a cute new outfit for them instead, and take the pictures myself for free? I have this nice camera that I don't use nearly enough, and if we're having a bad day or they just don't turn out right, there's no loss and we can just try again another day. There's no pressure to get it right the first time, so I think it would be a lot less stressful than going to a portrait studio. So here is my first attempt at birthday pictures.

There is a cool old building on Main Street in Bountiful that every time I drive by I think "that would be a great background for pictures!", so that's where we went.









Dress: $12.  Boots: $17.  Model's own hat and legwarmers. Printing pictures at Costco: $5. 

So what do you think?  Should I stick with Kiddie Kandids?

7 comments:

The Millers said...

So cute, Lisa! That outfit is darling, the back drop is great, and Chelsea couldn't look bad in a picture. You did a fabulous job. Looks like you are done with portrait studios!

The Black Family said...

SO CUTE!! They turned out cute. Forget Kiddie Kandids! I love them, and you can't beat the cute model in the picture either. Loves and kisses from us!

wende said...

no way jose! these are darling! :)
yay for free! i can't believe our babies are FOUR lisa! it's flown by too quickly, as always. she is one cutie patootie for sure!

Lillian said...

Those turned out so great, Lisa! Good job. And I LOOOOOVE the outfit! Ah, that hat kills me.

davenportreport said...

Lisa, sooooo cute! Seriously, she is adorable. You can take pictures of my kids any time.

By the way, where did you get the boots? We need those!

Nicole said...

Super cute photos! Are you for hire for Lindsie's 2nd in November? Let me know...

Anonymous said...

Lisa, your talents are never-ending. What camera do you have? I want a Canon Rebel so BAD! Someday I'll be able to take my kids photos, too. These are candid and perfect! Yay for Chelsea!