I LOVE Conference weekend. I want the kids to feel that it's a special time too, so we try to make it a big deal. In fact, until recently, Brighton had always called General Conference "Special Church". Here are some of the things we do:
I make a really yummy breakfast (like these cinnamon rolls)
We play the candy game, where the kids get a piece of candy for every "buzz" word they hear
This time I had put together these special booklets for all of the primary kids in our ward, and Brighton and Chelsea were very excited about them (don't you just love sugardoodle?)
They each got a new box of coloring pencils
Here are a couple of pages out of Brighton's book. Not bad, right?
*What sort of fun Conference weekend traditions do you have?*
4 comments:
So many fun conference traditions. Sugardoodle is the best -- Ellery really liked her packet (I LOVED seeing righton's pages -- he did awesome with his drawings and notes!). Cute kids -- love the candy game.
I remember Brighton calling it "special church". Remember when I sang at conference and when we got to your house, he was like, "A-chan, do you want to watch you on Special Church?" And then we re-watched all of the musical numbers from that session. So cute!
I love those booklets. Good thing you're the primary president! So organized! When Ella's older, will you send me a packet, too? And I love the candy idea. I'll have to copy that idea for sure. I'm really looking forward to teaching Ella how General Conference can be cool.
And I made cinnamon rolls, too. We're twins.
(Sorry for the super long comment)
we try to make conference weekend special, that's harder to do with bigger kids who aren't so into the conference packets any more. we do big breakfast both mornings to entice the teenagers out of their beds. :)
i love the buzz word candy game, i bet that will go over really well with the teenagers too. i'll let you know in six months. :)
I love conference weekend, too. I think your packet and the candy game are such a fun way to engage the children. Now if we could just find a way to keep Justin awake.
Post a Comment